Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas!

Well, just a little over an hour left in a day that I have been thinking about since June. My favorite season of the year. So forgive me if I am feeling just a little bit down. I am so glad that New Years falls just after Christmas. It gives me something to look forward to after the big day. I just want to take a moment to thank God for all that He is and does in this world and my life.

The world is a mighty messed up place. I got news from a friend today that his wife will be going through a major surgery within the next week. She has cancer and the situation does not look good. So today, while the rest of the world is merry, I doubt that they are "feeling" so merry. And honestly, it is difficult for me to feel merry with the weight of this news on my shoulders. It just seems like Christmas should be different. It seems like the world should be different.

Several friends have blogged about how Christ's virgin birth into this world was so fairytailish and yet we have heard the story so many times that it has become mundane. Well pain doesn't allow it to be mundane. Christ, this anomaly, is the reality of hope in a sinful world.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jason said...

thank you!