Thursday, April 20, 2006

China - Day Five

Journal:
"Ahhh. aisle seat. We are on ANOTHER airplane. [this is my fourth airplane]. I am struck finally by how far it is to the villages we are headed to. 14 hour flight ATL to Tokyo--4 hour flight Tokyo -- Hong Kong -- 3 hour flight Hong Kong Kunming -- one hour flight kunming--to the next city [as mentioned last blog from here on out I will leave out the names]--6 hour bus ride to another city --2 hour hike."

Blog:
As at this point I have written three blogs and am yet to reach the villages I think you could sense the frustration that I began to feel. But I also began to feel like perhaps God had a big plan. If he had to take me so far to reach this point of need then there must be something big for me to see. As we left the airport the terrain began to change. There was the river along the side of the road that we seemed to follow. Hills lined both sides of the road and the river.



As we went further the hills became mountainside and the terrain began to rival that of Colorado.





The road was very rocky and the bus ride that was supposed to take 6 hours seemed to drag on. At one point we came to a place where all traffick was stopped because they were working on the road. So what did we do? What else do westerners do when they are bored? We made a game out of it.

Seeing the river was a good distance a way we decided to challenge each other's throwing arms.



Finally we were back on the road and by about 8 pm we arrived in the city we were staying in. And if you have been reading this blog then you might be feeling a bit like I was up until this point. When will the action start? Well...this is where our assessment began.

3 comments:

Fairy Tales and Fireflies said...

Jason - from this post I know that great things are coming. It's as if I could truly hear the hills burst in to song before you. I'm so glad you're sharing with us. Thanks!

Phil said...

can't wait till tommorrow. i literally feel like something great is going to happen even in our meeting. i'm anticipating God's move. amen!

Emma Jayne said...

more... i want to hear more!
Ditto to Joy's comment. I am so grateful that you are sharing your amazing trip with us.