Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Managing Life

I wish I didn't have to manage life. The problem with having a vision for where I want to go in life is that I then think that I am responsible for getting there. So I get so frustrated when unexpected things throw off my plans. I have been talking about the class that I was supposed to take at Columbia next week for months. I took off a week vacation and have spent nearly three and half weeks reading four books to get ready for this class. Yesterday I found out that the class was cancelled and would not be rescheduled. This sets me back a few months on my graduation date which would have been next Sept. I was planning on finishing up that in Sept. then studying and taking my GRE before Dec. and starting to work on a degree in international development next Jan. So now I am under quite a bit of a time crunch.

But you know life can throw you some positive curves as well. As I was driving home from work today I saw a guy driving a moving truck next to me. I hadn't seen him in over a year and had lost contact. So I waved him down and we had a talk. He gave me his number. He was struggling with some life issues the last time I had seen him and he still is. i got his card. It looks like the Lord has just provided another person to add to my network of faith relationships.

Guess this all comes back to God's providence and plans rather than mine...why is this lesson so hard to learn?

No comments: