Friday, November 04, 2005

Fear

Last night I was reading some notes for a class I am taking. The subject was fear and leadership. The priniciple was that leaders must deal with their fear or they will not be able to lead without abusing their power.

I went to bed. At 12:15 I heard noises next door. Someone was being arrested, again. At 2:15 am I woke up and my security lights were on. I heard a knock at my back door. Kelly grabbed the phone and held it in case we needed to call the police. I went to the back door. The person had parked their car within six inches of my car. It blocked the drive way from an escape of either car. I went to the back door and asked who it was...no answer. I went to Kelly and told her to make the call.

The person went to the front door. I didn't recognize him. The police showed up. The person didn't have a good story for why he was there. The police arrested him. His car wouldn't start...they towed it away. Kell and I spent the rest of the night at the in-laws house.

Am I afraid? Yes.

No comments: