Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Response to Marty's Blog on U2

hey Marty:
I went to see Donald Miller, Sara Groves and some other band that used to be cool...ummm...forgot their name...ummm...uhhh...Jars something Clay or whatever...that same night that you went to see U2. When we got there Donnie as I call him was reading from one of his books (and that was all he did that night, no speaking) and it was actually pretty good, then came Sara and she rocked actually, and then came the Jars and they surprised me some and I actually enjoyed it, although I tried my best to talk Kell and Lesley into going to look for this local fudge shop during their set...to no avail...But I have to say that at this "Christian" concert, I never seemed to get to this same moment of worship that you spoke about in the context of the drifting weed (I know the weed had nothing to do with the worship experience). Point being...I am left wondering if you can program worship or not? And perhaps if I had been less focused on the fudge as you were less focused on the weed (hopefully) thenI would have been more focused on God...of course, then I could do the same thing in Church on Sundays no matter how traditional the meeting...and of course that's not what your blog is saying at all...its saying U2 is AWESOME and something about that brought you to the throne of God...so maybe we need AWESOME worship leaders like you and Phil just to REALLY ROCK OUT so the rest of us postmodern freaks can really get into the presence of GOD in our very unique personal way.

No comments: